PescaSub & Apnea

Troubleshooting AS 650 Supermagnum Starting Issues - Seeking Advice!

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 27/12/2023, 11:29

Neofita

Group:
Utente

Hello everyone,

Apologies for writing in English, as this is the only forum I found that discusses the AS model. I've been the proud owner of an AS 650 supermagnum for about a year and a half, but I've recently encountered a perplexing issue.

The Core Problem:
My AS starts fine when the red carburetor lever is in the START-STOP position. However, the moment I shift it to the RUN position, the engine shuts off immediately.

Background Details:
This problem began after the AS was stored unused for five weeks. Post-storage, its first run at sea was sluggish and seemed throttled. On the second attempt, it started but stopped abruptly after a few seconds of running.

Steps I've Taken:

Disassembled and cleaned the carburetor using a carburetor spray-cleaner.
Inspected the gaskets, which appeared to be in good condition.
Replaced the spark plug.
Despite these efforts, the issue persists: it starts in START-STOP mode but dies when switched to RUN.

Additional Context:
- There are no local workshops experienced with AS models.
- The AS was once flooded, but after cleaning the cylinder and carburetor, it functioned well for several months.

I'm considering ordering a new carburetor, but I'm hesitant due to my limited knowledge about adjusting the low/medium settings.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, insights, or suggestions from this community. Has anyone faced a similar issue? Any guidance on how to resolve this would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

view post Posted on 27/12/2023, 13:58

Spigolaro

Group:

replace carburetor membranes seal and redo carburetion

view post Posted on 27/12/2023, 14:29

Spigolaro

Group:
Utente

Hello, maybe the issue is due to low air in the carburetor
Turn anti-clockwise the screw L, start with 1/4 turn.

images%202

view post Posted on 27/12/2023, 19:08

Dentex Hunter ®©

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Fadi Schniper @ 27/12/2023, 11:29) 
Hello everyone,

Apologies for writing in English, as this is the only forum I found that discusses the AS model. I've been the proud owner of an AS 650 supermagnum for about a year and a half, but I've recently encountered a perplexing issue.

The Core Problem:
My AS starts fine when the red carburetor lever is in the START-STOP position. However, the moment I shift it to the RUN position, the engine shuts off immediately.

Background Details:
This problem began after the AS was stored unused for five weeks. Post-storage, its first run at sea was sluggish and seemed throttled. On the second attempt, it started but stopped abruptly after a few seconds of running.

Steps I've Taken:

Disassembled and cleaned the carburetor using a carburetor spray-cleaner.
Inspected the gaskets, which appeared to be in good condition.
Replaced the spark plug.
Despite these efforts, the issue persists: it starts in START-STOP mode but dies when switched to RUN.

Additional Context:
- There are no local workshops experienced with AS models.
- The AS was once flooded, but after cleaning the cylinder and carburetor, it functioned well for several months.

I'm considering ordering a new carburetor, but I'm hesitant due to my limited knowledge about adjusting the low/medium settings.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, insights, or suggestions from this community. Has anyone faced a similar issue? Any guidance on how to resolve this would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Prova a contattare questo amico che č molto bravo [email protected] manda una email

Try contacting this friend who is very good [email protected] send an email

Web  Top
view post Posted on 28/12/2023, 23:32

Neofita

Group:
Utente

QUOTE (Jeff68 @ 27/12/2023, 13:58) 

Yes I have ordered the membranes kit

Vins1977 thank you but I didn't change from the beginning those settings? And it's set by the factory?

Claudio Basili thank you! I will contact Lorenzo

view post Posted on 29/12/2023, 09:36

Spigolaro

Group:
Utente

CITAZIONE (Fadi Schniper @ 28/12/2023, 23:32) 
CITAZIONE (Jeff68 @ 27/12/2023, 13:58) 

Yes I have ordered the membranes kit

Vins1977 thank you but I didn't change from the beginning those settings? And it's set by the factory?

Claudio Basili thank you! I will contact Lorenzo

Hi Fadi, the settings of screws L (minimum) and H(maximum) chance based on the seasons and also on the carburetur lite. Try to chancge settings...

view post Posted on 31/12/2023, 11:25

Neofita

Group:

Hi
It's almost certain a carburetor issue.Repeat the procedure.Disassemble again every part including the low,high screws.
(Remember to mark lightly with a sharp pin on the carburetor the positions the screws had before unscrewing).In general unscrew L 2 turns and H 1 &3/4 will start the a/s but fine adjustment must be in the sea.
Do the cleaning with carburetor spray,do not spray on membranes,always replace with new ones.
I clean mine every 4-5 uses (8-10 hour operation use),because it starts to have some issues,so I purchase cheaper set of membranes.
I really believe that the quality of fuel has changed a lot the recent years with the addition of bio fuel so maybe this is too much for the sensitive a/s carburetor.
If you can remove and clean or replace the filter inside the fuel tank will help too.

Happy new year to everyone <3 :bye1.gif:

view post Posted on 9/1/2024, 19:30

Neofita

Group:
Utente

Thank you everyone, yes I'm waiting for the membranes to arrive and I will change it and we will see! This AQ is to much to deal with and is expensive! A friend of mine ordered a J2 scooter from China! it costs only 500 usd and has speed of 15km/h! I tried it by myself and was very happy with it, I have ordered one, as you always have issues with the AQ.

7 replies since 27/12/2023, 11:29   266 views