PescaSub & Apnea

Where To Get Muzzle Seals For One Air/Airbalete?

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 5/5/2020, 05:10

Neofita

Group:

Sorry, once again, for not speaking Italian. Hope you will still reply.

I own a One Air 120 and I know the muzzle is designed by STC but am I right in that the muzzle vacuum seals are not compatible with STC's normal vacuum seals? So, can I get spares from Omer dealers or from STC...?

Web  Top
view post Posted on 5/5/2020, 09:15

Spigolaro

Group:

Ciao DivingGecko, the best solution I would suggest is to contact STC directly. Here their contact page: www.stcitalia.net/contatti.html.
Please, consider that at this time (5th May 2020) not all Italian shops/offices/industries are working due to the current public health situation, so some delays could occur.
Hope this helps!

view post Posted on 5/5/2020, 12:53

Neofita

Group:

QUOTE (aledec88 @ 5/5/2020, 10:15 AM) 
Ciao DivingGecko, the best solution I would suggest is to contact STC directly. Here their contact page: www.stcitalia.net/contatti.html.
Please, consider that at this time (5th May 2020) not all Italian shops/offices/industries are working due to the current public health situation, so some delays could occur.
Hope this helps!

Thanks so much Alessio, will reach out to them.
While I have you, perhaps you can help with another Omer question? In your newest catalog there is no showing of any oleos - Has Omer and/or Sporasub stopped making them?

Web  Top
view post Posted on 7/5/2020, 20:26

Spigolaro

Group:

Yes, correct. Our plan is to focus more on our history and heritage, which are more related to arbalete spearguns.

view post Posted on 8/5/2020, 07:54

Neofita

Group:

Thanks so much again for the honest answer, Alessio.
Personally, I think it's a bit of a shame, as there is still untapped potential and great oleos to be designed. But I understand that R&D money may be spent better elsewhere and as you say, maybe smarter to stick to something closer to your heritage.
Good luck on the future and thanks again.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 27/6/2020, 04:53

Neofita

Group:

I just realized something as I serviced my One Air a few weeks back:
Omer/Sporasub used a plated trigger pin, not a stainless steel one...! If you don't know how bad that is, I'll tell you. This pin goes through an o-ring seal and now that the plating is coming off it's just a matter of time before the seal will leak. My gun is from 2012 but hasn't been used that much and has sat in storage for about 4-5 years. Always rinsed in warm fresh water after each dive (I like to shower with my guns, haha).

Here is the trigger pin that goes through the o-ring and into the reservoir:
bSURCXa

It is more clear on this picture that the pin is plated and that the plating is coming off:-(
vxlwuv3

Finally, here's the "transmission" pin from inside the handle, same problem though less of an issue since this one doesn't go through any o-rings.
rTuFomn

Many questions arise from this issue, but I wont post them publicly but only ask if you made any replacement parts in stainless to sort this issue out?

Web  Top
5 replies since 5/5/2020, 05:10   157 views